Re: systemd now appears to be only possible init system in testing

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 01:08:57AM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 25.07.2014 19:23, schrieb Steve Langasek:
> > systemd-shim 6-4 has now been uploaded to unstable with a dependency on
> > cgmanager, implementing the new post-v205 interfaces.  libpam-systemd now
> > needs to be updated to depend again on systemd-shim (>= 6-4) | systemd-sysv.

> > Michael Biebl has said on IRC that he will take care of this in the next
> > upload of systemd.

> Just a quick followup: After testing cgmanager a bit I stumbled over
> various issues which should be fixed first before I'm going to re-add
> the alternative dependency. I started filing bugs for them.

Thanks for identifying these bugs.

The only bugs still open on cgmanager are a pair of normal-severity bugs.
What is blocking libpam-systemd re-adding the systemd-shim alternative
dependency now?  It's not reasonable to withhold this alternative until
cgmanager and/or systemd-shim are entirely bug-free by your reckoning.
Users should have the option to install systemd-shim+libpam-systemd instead
of systemd-sysv, even if that means there are some non-RC bugs.