Re: linux-image-3.14-2-armmp description out of date

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:18:29 +0100
David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:

> In the above package the description reads:-
>
> The Linux kernel 3.14 and modules for use on ARMv7 multiplatform
> kernel for Marvell Armada 370/xp, Freescale iMX5x/iMX6.
>
> Reading the list of DTB files it includes, this list is rather out of
> date. Now (hopefully) this list will grow with most new kernel
> versions, so continuously updating the description in the list might
> be a bit of a load on whoever did it, so perhaps it should mention
> the main families, but it should also point people at the file list
> for the DTBs for the complete detailed list.

0: this is probably best discussed in a bug report

1: the mere fact that a dtb exists in the source tree and is built does
not mean it works on the expected hardware

I'm not part of the kernel team, but I am working on ways to regularly
validate as many dtbs as I can, using LAVA. More testers are always
wanted.

Yes, I do need to blog about what I've done so far with this ... keep
getting distracted ....

--

Neil Williams