Re: people.debian.org will move from ravel to paradis and become HTTPS only

Op zondag 20 juli 2014 11:38:13 schreef Marc Haber:
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 10:45:10 +0200, Wouter Verhelst <w@uter.be> wrote:
> >>
> >> But that implies that the attacker has access to private keys, and in
> >> this
> >> case you are so screwed.
> >
> >My point exactly: if someone can somehow MITM people.debian.org they
> >have access to private key material that they shouldn't have access to.
>
> I might me missing something, and I admit not having read the entire
> thread, but how would they have access to private key material?

Beyond GPG keys there are also DNSSEC private keys, SSL private keys,
and (to some extent) router administration passwords could also be
considered private keys.

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26