Re: people.debian.org will move from ravel to paradis and become HTTPS only

On Wed, 2014-07-16 at 19:50 +0200, Bálint Réczey wrote:

> >> […]

> >> Actually, this will break most DDs’ APT repositories because
> >> apt-transport-https is usually not installed.
> >

> > Pointing machines to a non-mirrored SPoF running on donated project
> > resources was bound to be not such a great idea anyway.
> Which place would be better for hosting DD's APT repositories? I had
> the impression that p.d.o were the usual place for them and it served
> quite well.
> I would also be interested in keeping plain HTTP to not break
> repositories (including mine :-)).

I would have thought it was possible to configure this redirection to be
conditional on the User-Agent string.

But also, perhaps apt should start recommending apt-transport-https.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Hoare's Law of Large Problems: