DD's cheat card (was Re: Bug#754416: makefs: FTBFS on mips: Must set MACHINE_ARCH to one of mipseb or mipsel)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: DD's cheat card (was Re: Bug#754416: makefs: FTBFS on mips: Must set MACHINE_ARCH to one of mipseb or mipsel)
- From: Thorsten Glaser <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 10:51:40 +0000 (UTC)
- Message-id: <[🔎] Pine.BSM.4.64L.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20140713001507.GB10475@mraw.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <Pine.BSM.4.64L.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20140713001507.GB10475@mraw.org>
Cyril Brulebois dixit:
>Thorsten Glaser <email@example.com> (2014-07-12):
>> OK, can you please give-back makefs on mips once the new bmake
>> binaries are available for all buildds?
>Please send your request to the appropriate place.
Ooooookay. Yes, this was a mistake of mine. But it took me about
six minutes to find the eMail address *and* the format to use for
the message. Six minutes of both duckduckgoïng and searching and
looking through devref.
It turns out that it was in devref, but ‘/’-searching in Lynx did
not find it with the right keywords.
So why is this so hard? I imagine DDs very rarely need to request
wanna-build state changes… and when they do, the information should
be easier to find.
Maybe a “gift” job for a Debian Contributor would be to put together
a “DD’s cheat card”, with infos about how to contact DSA, WB team,
etc. – nothing about the how-to of packaging, but about the orga‐
nisational things in Debian. Maybe also an excerpt of the most
relevant things from firstname.lastname@example.org, things like that, things which
a DD (or even DM) may need occasionally. Something to bookmark.
Just a thought.
21:41⎜«Tonnerre:#nosec» Do at least one thing every day which makes
⎜ inspirational quotes lovers sad