Re: possible MBF: automatically detecting unused build dependencies

op 07-07-14 14:20, Johannes Schauer schreef:
> Hi,
>
> sorry I attached two wrong files containing the many false positives already
> noticed by some of the replies. Here the actual results.
>
> Sorry.
>
> cheers, josch

==> llvm-toolchain-3.4_3.4.1-4.arch-all.unusedbd.real <==
automake=1:1.14.1-3
autotools-dev=20140510.1
diffstat=1.58-1
doxygen=1.8.7-1
flex=2.5.39-7
lcov=1.10-1
libtool=2.4.2-1.7
patchutils=0.3.3-1
procps=1:3.3.9-5
sharutils=1:4.14-2
tcl=8.6.0+8
texinfo=5.2.0.dfsg.1-3

No, building with DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=codecoverage enables at least some of them,
and applying patches might require the autotools to be re-run, so I think
lots of the requirements are sane.

doxygen is probably used for llvm-3.4-doc, so I think it might not be unused either.
texinfo probably the same.

diffutils, tcl, flex, patchutils, procps could possibly be unused, although not 100% sure. :-)

~Maarten