Re: GR - collecting proposals (was Re: systemd is here to stay, get over it now)

On 07/04/2014 10:28 PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> 4) all init systems currently in Debian are supported in jessie;

We don't need a GR to support this option. Of course, all init systems
are supported, to the best of our efforts, and I don't see why someone
would refuse a patch. I haven't seen such a behavior so far.

Please don't start a GR with such foolish choice as 1) to 3), where we
may decide to stop supporting alternative init systems. This isn't the
current situation, we just have decided for a default init system, and
that's enough (for now).

Instead, wouldn't you help with alternatives? Like for example, help
with porting upstart to kFreeBSD and Hurd, or help with OpenRC to detach
the parser from the boot system would help (and I haven't found the time
to work on that so far, unfortunately).

Cheers,

Thomas