Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

On Wed, 2 Jul 2014 00:13:31 +0100
Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:

> > > You get a choice of 'prevent-systemd' which stops it running as
> > > init but allows the -shim and libpam packages so that logind and
> > > the like will work. Or 'systemd-must-die' which conflicts with
> > > everything systemdish.
> > Please rename the systemd-must-die package to something neutral.
> > Thank you.
> OK. I did rename the source package, but I liked the binary and
> thought anyone else who actually wanted this would enjoy it too, so
> it seemed appropriate despite not being entirely 'PC'.
>
> I think some people are failing to see the humour in this name
> (and Dawkins knows we could use some humour round this subject), but I
> guess if it's not going to be allowed then it's not going to be
> allowed.

I'm sure you have heard about the amount of headache one joke of
Douglas Crockford with its "JSLint license" provoked [1].

Humour is a wonderful thing (and while not being a systemd hater myself,
I did appreciate the pick of the original package's name) but it has
its limits of applicability.  The official Debian software archive sets
such limits--as simple as that.

1. http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#JSON