Re: Sources licensed under PHP License and not being PHP are not distributable

On 06/26/14 14:00, Ondřej Surý wrote:
I did have a quite long and extensive chat with FTP Masters
and our conclusion was that PHP License (any version) is
suitable only for software that comes directly from "PHP Group",
that basically means only PHP (src:php5) itself.

This issue reached Planet today, making this even more visible and embarassing to the project, IMO.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see any emails from any of the FTP masters on the matter and we've only been informed about a "long and extensive chat" with them that had the end result of the mass bug filling. The exact reasoning behind this is still unknown to me and I think this whole chat happened in private -- if not, pointers are welcome.

The only think that we /do/ have is a short paragraph from the REJECT FAQ which a) was documented a long time ago, b) is inaccurate for 3.01 (the "includes the Zend Engine part") and c) has been consistently ignored in NEW reviews for almost a decade.

Can we get an official word from the ftp-masters and have this discussion in public, please?

Thanks,
Faidon