Re: MATE 1.8 has now fully arrived in Debian

Le jeudi 26 juin 2014 à 15:58 +0100, Alastair McKinstry a écrit :
> On 26/06/2014 15:33, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > A few people said this about udev as well. Now they use udev.
> ... and complain or suffer in silence. Don't take popcon as a measure
> of people being happy to use a critical dependency like udev.

I don’t want PHP installed on any of my systems. I agree with almost
everything that’s written there:
http://eev.ee/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/

Yet there is no realistic way to have a usable asset manager, a decent
blog engine, an LDAP administration tool or a free webmail without
PHP¹.

I “suffer in silence”, as you said.
But since I’m not bothering to write, myself, a replacement for this
working PHP software that I need, I am not entitled to complain.

The handful of systemd-hating morons, on the other hand, have been
complaining for months without ever proposing to do anything to improve
the situation from your point of view.

Simon, Marco, and others have explained in detail what you need to do if
you want to change that. When you have done the work, and when someone
refuses to integrate your work, then you’ll be entitled to complain.
Until that happens, the only thing that you are entitled to is suffer in
*silence*.

[1] If, when reading that, you want to suggest alternatives, feel free
to do so by private mail as this is irrelevant to the discussion, and be
aware that I have probably tried them already.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :