Re: QA page showing "git error"

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> For some of the packages I maintain, I get a "Git ERROR" showing.
> Clicking on the "Git" link shows a working git repository. Clicking on
> the "ERROR" link shows:

> Error: debian/changelog not found in branches master debian

> well, there's no "debian" nor "master" branch stored in at all, and IMO,
> qa.debian.org should first attempt to look into the default branch
> (which I carefully set in all of my packages) before trying to search in
> the "master" or "debian" branches.

Could you report this as an actual bug instead of via email to
debian-devel?  The pseudo-package is qa.debian.org.

Your interpretation matches Policy 5.6.26, for the record, so indeed this
should be fixed (unless we intend to change Policy).

    In the case of Git, the value consists of a URL, optionally followed
    by the word -b and the name of a branch in the indicated repository,
    following the syntax of the git clone command.  If no branch is
    specified, the packaging should be on the default branch.