Future of Developer's Reference

Somewhere in another universe, someone proposed moving Developer's Reference to the wiki. One of the arguments was that it would let you make changes _quickly_. I'm shamelessly :-P disclosing a message in this thread:

* Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>, 2014-06-18, 13:39:
Right. But do we really want that kind of work-flow for a document like the Developers Reference? Granted, the process for publishing changes to the devref does not need to be as formal/onerous as the Policy process itself, but personally I wouldn't feel comfortable in following Debian development "best practices" found in a document that might have been changed, with all due respect, by a random stranger.

To be comfortable in following the devref, I personally need to know that there is at least *some* maintenance process behind it, implemented by experienced fellow DDs.

If the current process is getting in the way of motivated contributors that want to co-maintain the devref, let's change it. But please do not err on the extreme of making everyone in the world a devref maintainer.

--
Jakub Wilk