Re: dh_shlibdeps warnings on buildd about undefined OpenMP symbols

Vincent Danjean wrote:
>On 10/06/2014 00:45, Leo Singer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In healpix-cxx, I'm getting warnings from dh_shlibdeps about missing OpenMP symbols. See, for example, this excerpt from >>https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=healpix-cxx&arch=i386&ver=3.11.2-6&stamp=1401836504:
>
>At a quick glance, I do not see the libgomp package installed.
>Are you sure your build-dependencies are correct?
>If not, the configure.ac script should probably be improved
>(upstream) to detect this problem (ie missing OpenMP libraries)

libgomp is already installed. It is listed in the line starting
with "Package versions:". There is states:

gcc-4.8_4.8.2-21
gcc-4.8-base_4.8.2-21
gcc-4.9-base_4.9.0-3
libgomp1_4.9.0-3

CXXLD is not showing its internals and the whole line linking the
library together is missing(?) in the log. Did you check, if it uses
-fopenmp at linker stage too? I wonder, because of this:

checking our pkgconfig cppflags... -fopenmp
checking our pkgconfig ldflags...

Do you see the same with your own pbuilder run?

If not, I would suggest to check config.log for issues with openmp.
Maybe some test went wrong and the linker flag wasn't added(?).

Regards, Daniel