Bug#750138: ITP: scap-workbench -- Scanning and tailoring tool for SCAP content
Owner: Frank Lin PIAT <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : scap-workbench
Version : 0.8.8
Upstream Author : Martin Preisler <email@example.com>
: Maros Barabas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : https://fedorahosted.org/scap-workbench/
* License : GPL3
Programming Lang: C++
Description : Scanning and tailoring tool for SCAP content
SCAP is a line of standards managed by NIST with the goal of
providing a standard language for the expression of Computer Network
Defense related information.
The intended scope of this project is to implement working interface
wrappers for parsing and querying SCAP content including:
* Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE)
* Common Configuration Enumeration (CCE)
* Common Platform Enumeration (CPE)
* Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
* Extensible Configuration Checklist Description Format (XCCDF)
* Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language (OVAL)
This package contains a GUI tool (scap-workbench) that provides
tailoring and scanning functionality for SCAP content.
The tool is based on OpenSCAP library, and provides a simple GUI
for oscap command-line.
At the time of writing, SCAP isn't much supported by Debian. I intend
to work on better support in Debian.
The package is already in pretty good shape. My work should soon be
available on my personal Alioth/Git repo  (until it's moved to a
I am looking for some people interested in sponsoring and co-maintaining
this packages and working on SCAP (I'll post on Debian Forensics later).