Re: Misc Developer News (#35)

On 27/05/14, 05:41pm, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> On 27.05.2014 11:47, Paul Wise wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Common mistakes with OpenPGP keys in Debian
> >
> > Jo Shields reported[6] on common mistakes that Debian members and
> > contributors are making with their OpenPGP keys. His advice is to
> > add UIDs for all used mail addresses, get all your UIDs signed,
> > make sure you have an encryption subkey, use exact naming in your
> > UIDs, make sure your webmail plugin works and avoid Enigmail.
>
> [...]
>
> "avoid Enigmail" sounds a bit odd, given that Thunderbird/Icedove is a
> very commonly used client and Enigmail -- as far as I know -- the de
> facto standard extension for PGP for Thunderbird.
>
> Could you elaborate a bit on the problems of using Enigmail? In the
> quoted blog post I read something about Thunderbird inserting spurious
> line breaks into signed mails. That might have something to do with
> the "format=flowed"-issue in the mail headers. But as far as I know
> this option is disabled by default in Icedove.

I've seen the issue with people sending me emails using Thunderbird in
Windows, never from another OS, has the ^M at the end, and from the
comments it seems with Windows was the last time he used Thunderbird +
Enigmail.

--
Jose Luis Rivas -- http://joseluisrivas.net | http://ghostbar.co
GPG: 4096R/D278 F9C1 5E54 61AA 3C1E  2FCD 13EC 43EE B9AC 8C43