Samsung ATIV XE700T1C-K01AU driver development

Hello Debian developers,

I am writing this from a Samsung XE700T1C hybrid tablet, running Debian Sid.  Debian's current support for this hardware is quite poor, and I would like to help change that.

Currently, the device's "Elan Microelectronics Corp" "Keyboard+Smartpad" USB keyboard dock does not work at all, requiring me to use an external Logitech K400r keyboard.

The touchscreen works, but does not appear to respond to multitouch.  The integrated Wacom tablet+stylus works well, including support for translating "pen down" into a right-click when the side button is pressed.  It would, however, be nice to be able to implement a middle-click also.

I do not yet know if the sensors (accelerometer, orientation, ambient light) or GPS work, as I am unsure how to test them.

My ultimate goal would be to be able to install KDE Active onto the device, and have everything work as seamlessly as it does with Windows 8.1.  To achieve this, I am willing to work together with Debian's developers to fix the hardware issues, possibly even hacking the kernel if required.

I have used Debian and its derivatives since Woody 3.0, and have enjoyed watching it evolve.  I feel this could be my chance to give something back.

Kind regards,
Brendon Green