Re: systemd-fsck?

El Mon, 12 de May 2014 a las 3:48 PM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> escribió:
Le Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:21:15AM -0700, Josh Triplett a écrit :
There *is* a reason we should push our users away from the non-default init: we want to make sure that only the users who specifically *want* a non-default init run one, and those are exactly the users prepared to deal with the additional challenges and support issues with doing so. Uers who don't care should end up running the default init system. It's easy enough for any user who *does* care to select a different set of installed packages.
Hi Josh and everybody, how about the following heuristic: on systems where appropriate task-desktop metapackages are installed, migrate automatically; on other systems, ask. I think that it would minimise the total number of people who a) break their desktop systems or block their upgrade by being afraid to migrate and b) break their server with an unsupervised migration. Said differently, judging from what is written in the long threads here, people who do not want systemd seem to be running servers or exotic desktop systems, so how about only sending a debconf prompt in these cases ?

Is it not possible to tell if the sysvinit or upstart packages were installed manually, and give a prompt then (in addition to something like you described) ?

Best,
--
Cameron Norman