Re: Deprecating/removing racoon/ipsec-tools from Debian GNU/Linux and racoon from Debian/kfreebsd

Hello,

I wish racoon/ipsec-tools could stay for just a little longer.  I'd like
some time to evaluate it, against the *SWAN implementations, for
GNU/kFreeBSD jessie.  IPSEC has not been enabled yet in Debian default
kernels, but it is a personal goal to have it in the jessie release.

When I last had the chance to work on this, racoon seemed like the best
available candidate due in part to a spate of security problems in
openswan/strongswan, and freeswan not being maintained any more IIRC.

I don't think systemd support should cause an issue for any existing
package until jessie+1.  And then I think systemd proponents should help
you with a unit file if one is needed.  And finally, it might still be
useful at least as a kfreebsd-any package.

When I have some time to resume work on IPSEC I hope I can then give
some helpful feedback.

Thanks,
Regards,
--