Re: Automatically dumping test-suite.log on make check failure

On 8 May 2014 18:10, Marcin Owsiany <porridge@debian.org> wrote:
> Does anyone know a way to make the automake-generated test suite scripts cat
> the test-suite.log to stderr on failure? It just reports which tests failed but
> hides the actual messages. This is most annoying on buildds which then promptly
> remove the whole build dir, and one has to then tediously find a porter box,
> set up schroot, fetch the package, install build-deps, run the build and then
> finally manually cat the log. Example:

override_dh_auto_test:
ifeq (,$(filter nocheck,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)))
        dh_auto_build -- -k check || { RET=$$?; find . -name
"test-suite.log" -exec cat {} + ; exit $$RET;}
endif

I believe debhelper already does something similar for
dh_auto_configure & ./configure style build-systems, i.e. at the end
of a failed configure it does cat "config.log"
Displaying all test-suite.log files, at the end of failed dh_auto_test
would be highly appreciated.

Anybody can convert above logic into dh_auto_test's make build-system?

--
Regards,

Dimitri.