Re: A question about patches for upstream

Am 02.05.2014 21:21, schrieb Svante Signell:
> Hi,
>
> Does the Debian guidelines give any hints on who is responsible to
> report a patch upstream? Is it the bug submitters or the Debian package
> maintainers responsibility (in addition to eventually apply them to the
> packages)?

For any essential packages it should be a mix of the package maintainers and the
port maintainers.  I'm usually fine to apply local patches conditionally for
some port, when these are not yet upstream, but it really should be the
responsibility of the port maintainers to keep the basic port working and submit
these patches upstream.

  Matthias