Re: future of python-pipeline package

On 16 May 2012 18:57, Dmitry Nezhevenko <dion@dion.org.ua> wrote:
Holger suggests to ask here and thinks that it's better to remove orphaned
pipeline package. Any ideas or suggestions?

I just noticed this thread from 2012 in debian-devel / #620067, because I am in exactly the same situation.

There has been a grave bug opened in fact:

Nobody has given any reason why we can't resolve this situation in unstable by removing python-pipeline. It is orphaned[1]. This will remove the conflicting package and we can close the bug.

Somebody said in this thread "However, I object to another package taking over the module name." - but the other package is already in Debian - he already missed his chance to object, and he failed to give any reasons why. I think it is wrong that one person can prevent constructive work to resolve release critical bugs like this.

Alternatively, django-pipeline could be modified to conflict with python-pipeline. This would allow closing the grave bug report, but seems wrong.

Notes:
[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=620067
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>