Re: make 4.0: archive rebuild resulted in 73 packages broken (help wanted)

On 29/04/2014 07:01, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
>          David Suárez  kindly did an archive rebuild with the new
>  version of make in experimental, and the results of the build are at:
>   http://aws-logs.debian.net/ftbfs-logs/results-make4/
>
>         The summary: 73 packages have failed, though not all seem
>  obviously related to make. Out of the 73, I can see 10 failed due to a
>  known backward incompatibility in make; I am building a new version
>  that reverts that change, though we should still fix the makefiles.

> Alastair McKinstry <mckinstry@debian.org>
>    ferret-vis

Straightforward tabs/spaces fix. I am preparing a new version now (6.8.5),
may do an interim upload of 6.6.2 because 6.8.5 will introduce a new binary
package and may be delayed by ftp-masters.

rgds
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry, <alastair@sceal.ie>, <mckinstry@debian.org>, https://diaspora.sceal.ie/u/amckinstry
A decent provision for the poor is the true test of civilization.