Re: what to do with wayland, python3, gdm3/systemd, ...

On Apr 28, 2014, at 07:16 PM, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> python3 support or not (Are we moving too?)

I will of course echo Matthias and Thomas on the issue of Python 3 support.
I'd like to see us migrating to Python 3 for any "system" scripts,
i.e. scripts that come with Debian by default or are relied upon by a base
Debian install.  Let's move these to /usr/bin/python3 shebangs!  I haven't
done an inventory of those recently though.

There are tons of resources available online for porting to Python 3.  This is
a good place to start:

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PortingToPy3k/BilingualQuickRef

-Barry