Re: concurrent installation of different pkg versions

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 08:50:38PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Containers would be a better environment, but you have to make them very,
> very simple to set up.

You mean like something imaginary command like

creating a virtual machine and installs <package> with the specified
version from snapshots.debian.org and all its dependencies available
at the time when this package version was uploaded?

> > The quality of almost every single piece of scientific code I've ever
> > worked with is so appalling that I'm always amazed when any of it
> > produces any useful results, ever. And lets not even talk about whether
> > the results it produces are accurate or reproducible...
>
> Well, yes.  It's a ton of code written by people who aren't really
> programmers and who have lots of other things they care more about than
> becoming better programmers.

+1

Kind regards

      Andreas.