Re: concurrent installation of different pkg versions

Le Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 10:11:58PM -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 02:07:22PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> > > Multiple versions of a package seems undesirable to me, for the same
> > > reasons as static libraries and embedded code copies are undesirable.
>
> > Hi Paul and everybody,
>
> > it would be a great advantage for Debian over the other distributions to have
> > the capacity to install multiple versions concurrently.
>
> No, no it wouldn't.
>
> This is how rpm handles library packages.  It's a horror show.

Hi Steve,

we have been fighting bitterly over the years, we have different points of
view, and it does not seem like we will be thiking along the same lines anytime
soon.

When you post on debian-devel or other lists and I disagree, I try to refrain
myself from juping on the keyboard and to instead give time to others to
express their disagreement.  If nobody answers, I also take it as a sign that I
probably should not answer as well.

Could I ask you to do the same for me ?

Have a nice week-end,

--