Re: debconf reconfiguration from postinst of another package

Quoting Charles Plessy (2014-04-17 14:17:41)
> Le Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 01:50:40PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard a écrit :
>> How to reconfigure one package from another?
> If the maintainer scripts of the three packages can cooperate, have
> you considered using Dpkg triggers ?

Sorry if that was unclear: My question is about use of debconf.

foo-player is a package maintained by someone, and more realistically
there are 10 or maybe 50 such packages that I want to reconfigure.

Concretely I need this for Debian Blends like FreedomBox, DebianParl and
Debian-design - and I dearly hope same techniques will be embraced also
for Skolelinux to solve bug#311188.

This issue is not specific to Blends, however - hence raising the
question here.

 - Jonas