Re: tests/test-suite.log build failures

On 13/04/14 14:38, Xavier Roche wrote:
> I had a build failure (*) on my package due to a failing unit test, and
> the only information I got (with the failng unit test) was:
>
> # TOTAL: 12
> # PASS:  11
> # SKIP:  0
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  1
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0

This is a "feature" of recent Automake; it's fine for local development,
but not good on the buildds. To get the log output for failed tests
printed to the buildd log, run the tests with a non-empty VERBOSE
environment variable, something like this:

VERBOSE=1 make check

or perhaps more usefully in Debian packages,

override_dh_auto_test:
	VERBOSE=1 dh_auto_test

It would probably be a good idea for debhelper to do this automatically.
I've opened a wishlist bug.