Re: conflicts and multiarch

  Hi,

On 11/04/2014 19:32, Ralf Treinen wrote:

> Can package a2 be installed for both architectures at the same time? Policy
> section 7.4 seems to indicate that yes, but then it was written without
> multiarch in mind. What do you think should be the right answer?

  You can install a2:amd64 and a2:i386 at the same time.
  If you want to test, you can use (in the archive) 'ocl-icd-libopencl1'
instead of a2 and 'libopencl1' instead of virta.
  If you want more tests, you can use 'amd-libopencl1' instead of a1
(but, contrary to your example, it is also multiarch)

  Note that a1:amd64 and a2:i386 are not co-installable. I asked
a few month ago. You migth be interested by the answer (look for
the thread "[RFC] multiarch and virtual packages" starting on
03/10/2013).

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA