Re: Having fun with the following C code (UB)

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 5:38 AM, Russ Allbery wrote:

> I don't want, necessarily, to have slower code to make handling corner
> cases easier.  However, I am generally happy to have slower code in return
> for making the system more secure, as long as the speed hit isn't too
> substantial.  Security is a much bigger problem than performance right now
> for most people.

How much of a speed hit is acceptable? Perhaps we should have a
secondary archive built using SoftBoundCETS, which possibly has a 50%
speed hit according to this talk:

http://events.ccc.de/congress/2013/Fahrplan/events/5412.html
https://media.ccc.de/browse/congress/2013/30C3_-_5412_-_en_-_saal_1_-_201312271830_-_bug_class_genocide_-_andreas_bogk.html
http://acg.cis.upenn.edu/softbound/