Re: default messaging/VoIP client for Debian 8/Jessie

* Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> [2014-03-30 11:04]:

> I'd like to propose that Jitsi be considered as the default messaging,
> VoIP and webcam client for the next major Debian release (jessie).
> This would mean it is installed by default in a desktop install and it
> is the default handler for sip: and xmpp: URIs.

(...)

Thank you for your evalutaion and +1 on making it the default client. I
infrequently (every other year) try a software VoIP client and so far it
has always wasted much of my time trying different ones that claim to
support whatever but don't actualy do so in a stable way.

It would be great to have a default client that simply works in 98 out
of 100 times.

Yours Martin