Re: default messaging/VoIP client for Debian 8/Jessie

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 11:04:31AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

[Snip an impressive list of arguments for Jitsi]

> To put it simply, the Jitsi team are blazing a trail in this area and
> a Debian initiative to install Jitsi on every desktop will give them
> more momentum and ensure more people can talk to each other in line
> with our agreed definition of freedom.

I generally agree and I'm generally quite happy with Jitsi, but I'd like
to point out some issues:

1. I was not abot to get "bonjour" instant-messaging working. Does Jitsi
support it? This is soemthing I want to use on the LAN at work.

2. The user interface could use some improvement. It feels a bit out of
place. Not a deal-breaker, though.

3. I haven't used empathy extensively. I used pidgin. Jitsi seems to
consume more resources than pidgin.

tzafrir@debian.org    |                    | friend