Re: FTPMaster position statement about package contents

Distributing pornography in academic network in Taiwan seems like a gray area. http://edu.law.moe.gov.tw/EngLawContent.aspx?Type=E&id=2

If it can be distributed from a separate repo it should be fine, but I also wonder how many mirrors are under the place where pornography is not allowed to distribute.

On Mar 25, 2014 4:51 AM, "Mathieu Malaterre" <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:
On 3/24/14, Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> So instead, we have a simple set of questions that should be applied,
> helping to judge contents before upload:
>
>  - Is it likely illegal in the majority of the countries of our
>    Developers?
>
>  - Will it harm Debian, our mirrors, derivatives or users and
>    potentially endanger them or require extra work on their side to
>    protect them from such?
>
> If you can answer these questions with a yes or even a maybe - don't

While I did agree mostly with this. I believe the last sentence should
be reworded. Because aircrack-ng, crack or rarcrack could 'maybe' harm
Debian/mirrors or derivatives.

'maybe' feels like too broad.

2cts
--