Re: ca-certificates: no more cacert.org certificates?!?

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 08:54:20 Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> Use http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/590879/fef0c71560078461/

Interesting article (thank you for link).
I just want to note that Startcom is no match to cacert.org in regards to free
SSL certificates. Some years ago I got free certificate from Startcom but a
year later Startcom refused to renew it for free. I understand that offering
free certificate was their good will but they gave me no impression that I'm
getting only trial first-year-for-free offer. It could be that their policy
changed but these days I doubt it is possible to get free Startcom certificate
unless for a web site which is clearly non-profit.

By the way an interesting comment was posted to #718434 lately:

    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=718434#239

--
Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov

---

I am easily satisfied with the very best.
        -- Winston Churchill