debian/copyright: how extensive ...

Hi,

While refining my debmake command and sponsoring libkkc package as my test
case, I came to questions on practical aspect of debian/copyright file.

  How far we need to document in debian/copyright for auto-generated and
  what to do with files with explicit text.  I want to know this to
  refine debmake command.

When FTP master rejected previous upload rightfully, he had interesting
message:

> Please add the missing LGPL license of at least:
>    libkkc/kkc-1.0.pc.in
>    tests/lib/test-case.vala
>    tests/lib/test-case.c
> and the missing GPL2+ license of:
>    libkkc/user-rule.vala
>    libkkc/user-rule.c
> to debian/copyright.
   (These are not permissive licenses.)

He was not asking to list auto-generated files with permissive licenses.
  ./m4/intltool.m4 ./m4/ltversion.m4 ./m4/libtool.m4 ./m4/ltoptions.m4
  ./m4/ltsugar.m4 ./m4/lt~obsolete.m4 ./po/Makefile.in.in 'aclocal.m4',
  'config.guess', 'ltmain.sh'
  (As I found out these by reviewing the package.)

(These all are autotools generated special exception ones with slightly
different wordings.)

Is there any rules in place written somewhere?
I need a correct list so I can exclude them from debmake copyright check
list.

Currently, I am excluding the followings:
  'Makefile.in', 'compile', 'config.h.in', 'config.sub', 'configure',
  'depcomp', 'install-sh', 'ltconfig', 'missing', 'mkinstalldirs',
  'py-compile'

Also, not all files in archive come copyright/license text within the file.

There is no DEP-5 rules on what to do.  For example the followings are
likely not come with copyright/license text within the file.
  'INSTALL', 'README', 'README.txt', 'README.Debian', 'ChangeLog', 'changelog',

I am excluding these and also 'COPYING' and 'LICENSE' from auto license
scanning.

Osamu