Re: Bits from keyring-maint: Pushing keyring updates. Let us bury your old 1024D key!

I've actually been in the process of working to transition from my existing to 1024D key I created back in 2002 with my new 4096R key I created in 2011 that I use 3072R subkeys on a OpenPGP v2 smartcard. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get together with any other DDs to perform a key signing to get my new key sufficient enough to make the final transition. I notified everyone who had previously signed my current 1024D key but haven't been able to travel to make any major events and it's so far only signed by those that have attended local LUG keysignings in the past 2 years or individuals that have arranged to get together privately to do a key signing.

If any DDs are in, or will be, the Atlanta area and would like to get together for a key signing I would be more than welcome to get together and make the transition as I currently don't even bother to keep my 1024D key with me for use anymore and only carry my smartcard with the 3072R subkeys while my 4096R primary key is still left secured in my fire safe at home on the encrypted USB drive it resides on.

Current 1024D policy URL: http://undergrid.net/legal/gpg/policy/20091121
Transition statement: http://undergrid.net/legal/gpg/policy/20111223
New 4096D policy URL: http://undergrid.net/legal/gpg/policy/20111224