GSoC mentorship for packaging elementary software

Hello everyone,

I'd like to make Pantheon (the DE from elementary project, http://elementaryos.org) available in Debian. I'm the guy responsible for most of PPA packaging in elementary, so I know the software in question and have experience packaging and integrating it.

It's been suggested as a GSoC project this year: https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014/ProjectProposals/PackageElementarySoftware
I'd very much like to undertake it, but I cannot find a mentor for the project.

To clarify, the expected work for me here is bringing the existing packaging up to Debian standards as well as adapting the packaging and possibly the software to a less tightly integrated environment than elementary OS. I have extensive connections in the upstream project so fixing the code should not be an issue, although I don't expect much work on code itself because it's already quite modular.

Despite extensive experience with Debian/Ubuntu packaging I'm not familiar with Debian procedures and conventions, so I'll probably have a lot of ground to cover there as well. I'd be willing to maintain the software in Debian repositories after the fact, as I already did in elementary itself.

Where could I find anybody interested in mentoring this kind of project? I've asked on #debian-soc and was directed here.
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff