Re: pulseaudio related problems....

On 02/15/2014 10:12 PM, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> In data sabato 15 febbraio 2014 21:52:24, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz ha
> scritto:
>
>> The problem is that many people who complain about PulseAudio issues
>> are often prejudiced about it
> Well I am now biased against pulseaudio. But let's look at the facts: it comes
> by default, in the last 3 desktop machines that I've installed, it prevented
> any audio to be heard.

Meh, I don't want to start another flame war. It works fine for me and
for all users (~1000) at my Physics Department where we deploy Debian
Wheezy with PulseAudio enabled with people using all kinds of desktops
and window managers. The times when it didn't work were before Wheezy.

>> actually interested in having the problem fixed but rather just want
>> to get rid of it and uninstall it. Trying to debug the problem in such
>> cases is very difficult.
>
> Reporting bugs doesn't really help very much

Well, Anton couldn't reproduce the bug, so you probably didn't
provide enough information.

Again, from my experience with over 1000 users and around 200
machines running Wheezy with all kinds of desktop environments
and window managers, it works. And most of our users are by
no means computer experts.

But again, I don't want to argue.

Adrian

--