Re: Ubuntu will switch to systemd

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 07:40:20PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> > I have to admit that I did *not* expect this. At all.
> >
> > http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/1316
> >

> Quite the opposite - some people felt it would be inevitable that
> Debian choosing systemd would effectively be a death sentence for Upstart

I'm not sure I understand why. Debian and Ubuntu have been using
different init systems for some time now, with Ubuntu on upstart and
Debian on sysvinit. Why should our change of defaults really matter to
them, when they weren't using our default anyway?

Or might they be resigned to the "tight coupling" that Ian Jackson is so
worried about? As Debian becomes more tightly bound to systemd, using
something else may prove increasingly difficult.

noah