Need advice on building a package

So I'm working on backporting enlightenment e17 from jessie to wheezy since my request to backports went unanswered. Anyway, I believe I've found out why.

Enlightenment is comprised of about a dozen packages, each of which depends on the previous having been built and installed beforehand. And none of them are in wheezy by default.

I've had mostly success so far, but I hope to get the process mostly automated using pbuilder. That's where I'm stuck.

I don't know how to handle this complex dependency of each package on previous packages in the complex build process

Is there some guide for this somewhere? Some specific search term I should use? This step has me completely stumped.

Thanks in advance!