Re: init.d script not using !/bin/sh

[Thomas Goirand]
> If possible, I'd like to make a survey of what kind of interpreter
> packages are using for /etc/init.d scripts. How can I do that? Note
> that this would make OpenRC maintainer's life more easy, and avoid
> ugly hacks.

You can find all init.d scripts unpacked on lintian.debian.org under
/srv/lintian.debian.org/laboratory/pool/*/*/*/init.d/.  I used it a few
years ago while we were migrating all packages with init.d scripts to
provide boot dependencies to detect loops in the boot system.

Note that there are two many files in the glob above to do all packages
in one shell one-liner. :)

> Is it too late to fix this as a release goal, so that we get every
> init script to use /bin/sh?

I believe it is too late.  I would recommend on focusing on a subset
with the most used packages for Jessie.  But that depend on how many
init.d do not use #!/bin/sh. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen