Re: Conflict between debian/upstream (DEP-12) & debian/upstream/ (uscan)

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 10:32:52AM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> James McCoy wrote:
> >Part of the reason I chose to use debian/upstream/ is that an extensible
> >location for upstream related information (similar in spirit to
> >debian/source/) could be useful.
>
> I've really wondered, why you didn't use debian/source/ for this purpose
> and introduced another directory? Why not put the key used to sign the
> upstream source right into debian/source/?

debian/source/ is for content related to the source package.

debian/upstream/ would be for content related to upstream.

There's a distinct separation there and as the signing key is, IMO,
obviously upstream metadata it's not appropriate for debian/source/.
The only relation it has to the source package is that it's used to
verify one component of the source package.

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@debian.org>