Re: Debian source packages file types and SLOC

Thanks for the link.

The numbers I got from Zack are similar.

Jan.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Jan,

>    it's a too big a job to do by myself, and maybe the answer already exists:
>
>    When I would download all Debian source packages, extract them, determine
> of each the programming language it is written in and the SLOC, what would be
> the percentages of each programming language used?

[...]

While zack already provided you with much more detailed instructions to
obtaining up-to-date information, you might find

http://blog.james.rcpt.to/2012/02/13/debian-wheezy-us19-billion-your-price-free/

useful to get an overview without extra effort.

Best,
Michael

--
"Piracy is simply demand where supply does not exist."