Re: Bits from the Release Team: Architecture health check

]] Niels Thykier

>    - To be honest, I am impressed DSA haven't just yelled "We veto
>      sparc for Jessie until the stable kernels are fixed".

Apart from the yelling bit, I believe that's basically what we've done.

[...]

> Let it be no secret: If there is no visible progress on salvaging
> sparc in the next two months (like there wasn't for ia64 or sparc in
> the past two), then I will most likely be on the side encouraging the
> removal of sparc from testing.

Also, arches not in testing don't get stable releases, which means
they're likely to lose buildds and porter boxes once oldstable is no
longer supported. We don't want to run testing or unstable on those
machines for obvious reasons.

--
Tollef Fog Heen