what about PTS (Re: libunwind and ia64)

Hi,

It seems I got good answers then I have another practical question :
  Can I upload ibus-qt package with warnings on PTS as below.

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 05:57:38PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 01:06:07 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
>
> > libunwind seems to be holding off many packages to be uploaded to unstable now.
> >   https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-libunwind.html
> >
> No, it's not holding off anything.

Good.

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 04:48:32PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> The problem is that on ia64 *all* C programs and libraries directly
                                                             ^^^^^^^^
> depend on libunwind.  Thus the transition from libunwind7 to
> libunwind8 involves a very large number of source packages.

I do not see ***direct*** declaration of dependency but it seems
***indirectly*** depending on it.  I am a bit confused here.

It seems that this "auto-*" transition should not block upload if old
libunwind7 library is used.  Especially for packages indirectly
depending on one of the auto-* packages.  That is good.

The confusing info in PTS: http://packages.qa.debian.org/i/ibus-qt.html

| This package is part of the ongoing testing transition known as
| auto-libunwind. Please avoid uploads unrelated to this transition, they
| would likely delay it and require supplementary work from the release
| managers. On the other hand, if your package has problems preventing it
| to migrate to testing, please fix them as soon as possible. You can
| probably find supplementary information in the debian-release archives
| or in the corresponding release.debian.org bug.

It seems I can upload this package despite of the warning on PTS.  OK?

I also see in PTS: http://packages.qa.debian.org/i/ibus-qt.html

| This package is part of the ongoing testing transition known as icu52.
| Please avoid uploads unrelated to this transition, they would likely
| delay it and require supplementary work from the release managers. On
| the other hand, if your package has problems preventing it to migrate to
| testing, please fix them as soon as possible. You can probably find
| supplementary information in the debian-release archives or in the
| corresponding release.debian.org bug.

I do not understand why icu52 is in transition now.  It went to testing
on 2013-12-30 despite of the fact it is under the same kind "avoid"
warning.  Does some cron job stopped for a few weeks?

I guess it was OK since it is build with  libunwind7 on ia64.

Regards,

Osamu