Re: autopkgtest + chroot howto ? - Was: Re: Is it possible to run autopkgtest without a virtual machine ?

On 26.01.2014 14:45, Olivier Berger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I haven't been able to find a comprehensive set of instructions on how
> to get started with autopkgtest, and I imagined that chroot would be an
> interesting option.
>
> I quite don't see the interest of the adt-virt-null, as I suppose that a
> clean test bed is generally required when testing... :-/
>
> Has anyone spotted a howto document for autopkgtest + adt-virt-chroot ?

if you use pbuilder/cowbuilder you can use this little hack:
https://github.com/juliantaylor/stuff

adt-runscript.py <dsc> <optional, changes>
and it presents you with a script that can be executed with
pbuilder/cowbuilder.

it does not support all features of dep-8 (like built source in test, or
breaks-testbed) but should nevertheless work for a large fraction of
existing tests. You can probably plug in jwilks sadt from devscripts as
the in-chroot runner if something does not work.