Re: xpdf removed from testing?

Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> writes:

> OK; OK, I understand completely. As a follow-up: according to popcon
> there are about 10 000 installations of that package. Any
> interest/chance that patches will help re-introduce this package, or is
> it just a waste of effort? What is the opinion of the maintainers?

While someone could fix the package, you may want to consider not doing
so.  After running into endless bugs in xpdf, I personally switched to
mupdf for a light-weight PDF reader and found it superior in every respect
except for the fact that it doesn't, so far as I can tell, support
printing.  So I use mupdf to view PDF documents, and on the rare occasion
that I want to print one, I open it in gv (which I find clunkier, but
which generally works fine and prints).