Re: GnuTLS in Debian

Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> wrote:
[gnutls28 debian copyright file]

> It seems to me that the copyright file contradicts itself,
> and that not only GMP is under LGPLv3+

Thank you for pointing this out, it is a piece if outdated information.
I will fix the Debian copyright file to reflect upstream's current
licensing.

FYI, this is the respective paragraph from 3.2.8.1's README:

LICENSING
---------
Since GnuTLS version 3.1.10, the core library has been released under
the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) version 2.1 or later.

Note, however, that new versions of the gmplib library used by GnuTLS
are distributed under LGPLv3, and as such binaries of this library
need to be distributed under LGPLv3. If this is undesirable older
versions of the gmplib which are under LGPLv2.1 (e.g., version 4.2.1)
may be used instead.

The GNU LGPL applies to the main GnuTLS library, while the
included applications as well as gnutls-openssl
library are under the GNU GPL version 3.  The gnutls library is
located in the lib/ directory, while the applications in src/ and
gnutls-openssl library is at extra/.

For any copyright year range specified as YYYY-ZZZZ in this package
note that the range specifies every single year in that closed interval.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'