Re: Removing packages from unofficial repositories

Hi all, I recently decided to migrate my Debian system away from
deb-multimedia.org, where official packages exist. I used apt preferences
to help me downgrade packages from deb-multimedia back to Debian testing,
where an alternative version from testing exists. However, I would expect
that most users would not have the patience to do this via apt preferences,
and if there is an easier way, I was not aware of it.

AFAIK the apt_preferences method is rather simple:

Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian
Pin-Priority: 1001

With that setting 'apt-get dist-upgrade' downgrades DMO packages to official ones. At least it did in my case.

For me, finding out the correct preference setting was the hardest part here :)

--
With best regards,
  Vitaliy Filippov