Re: Move awk implementations from /usr/bin to /bin

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 01:12:36PM +0000, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> On 31 December 2013 08:11, Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> wrote:
> >  ❦ 31 décembre 2013 01:30 CET, md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) :

> >> The correct solution is completing #652459, which mounts /usr in the
> >> initramfs.
> >
> > It is quite unclear why this bug is stalled.

It just needs doing.  But it requires coordinated uploads of
  initramfs-tools
  sysvinit
  util-linux
to get all the bits in place.  lamont was going to upload a
new util-linux to unstable in December but it hasn't happened
yet.  I was going to upload a test version of all three to
experimental for testing, which I can look at doing this
weekend.

> I believe there were reservations about /etc portions of the patch
> series, which were asked to be "unbundled" and to be considered
> separately. I don't know if this was done, if not I guess I should
> come up with such patch on top of the proposed patch series, as one of
> the interested parties to get this resolved.

The patch series includes the /etc bits in separate patches.  These
can just be ignored if not wanted; there is no further work required
from that point of view, I think.  Given that they won't be used by
default and are harmless, but do add interesting new capabilities,
I would like to see them used though.

Regards,
Roger

--