Re: procps with pidof is released

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 09:02:21AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Steve Langasek dixit:

> >(For values of "permanently" that include "we now have two implementations
> >of sh in Essential, because no one has done the work to let us get rid of
> >bash".)

> Maybe because the offered alternative sucks so much.

You are totally, completely, 100% missing the point.  We can't remove bash
from Essential because packages are silently using /bin/bash without
depending on bash, because they've been *told not to*.  This is not about
your hobby horse issue of whose /bin/sh is better, it's about the fact that
once an interface makes its way into Essential, we have a very hard time
removing it.